Participate in the Methodist Healthcare Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and provide your employees and their families access to resources for their health and well-being at a discount. The Methodist EAP addresses issues related to healthcare costs, workplace accidents, productivity concerns, absenteeism and tardiness and helps your employees reach optimal job performance. The program includes:
- Confidential Counseling
- 24-Hour Crisis Telephone Response
- Individual, couple and family counseling.
- Referral, Follow-Up and Case Management Services
- Supervisor/Mandatory Referrals
- Management Consultation
- Emergency Intervention/Critical Incident Stress Management
- Substance Abuse Expertise/DOT Substance Abuse Evaluation*
- Program Orientation and Promotion
- Utilization Reporting
- Provider and Community Resource Knowledge
- Additional Trainings/Workshops for Leadership and Employees for Purchase
*The Department of Transportation’s (DOT) rule, 49 CFR Part 40, describes required procedures for conducting workplace drug and alcohol testing for the federally regulated transportation industry. Based on these guidelines, a specially qualified clinician, a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP), plays a central role.