Work With Us
The Greater Memphis Chamber is made up of around 40 employees who have a passion for Memphis and seeing our area businesses grow. We are always looking for individuals who are innovative, strategic and have a commitment to our region. If you think you’re a great fit for our team, check out our job opportunities below.
Director of Public Policy
The Greater Memphis Chamber is seeking a Director of Public Policy to develop and implement a public policy agenda that supports economic development, job creation, and growth in the community.
This position serves as an ombudsman for business in targeted sectors and at the individual company level relating to policy matters, and coordinates communication and advocacy of issues before the respective legislative bodies. The Director coordinates events such as meetings with officials, appears before legislative bodies as needed to represent the Chamber’s position on key issues, and coordinates other events such as receptions for elected and appointed officials. Additional responsibilities include:
- identifying legislative and public policy issues that impact economic development and the business environment in the area through networking and personal research.
- formulating policy positions on identified issues that represent the Chamber’s position and the interests of the area business community and presenting policy proposals to Chamber management and the Chamber Board.
- monitoring legislative activity, and strategize and advance interventions to influence legislation toward achieving a favorable outcome for Chamber constituents.
Apply Online to see a full job description and requirements.
Business Development Consultant
Greater Memphis Chamber Seeks Persuasive, Take-Charge Sales Pro
- Are you a proactive, take-charge, persuasive person who usually gets what you want?
- Do you love interacting with people and engaging them with great stories?
- Do you want a job where you can leverage your people skills to drive your own personal outcomes?
If so, as a Business Development Consultant at the Greater Memphis Chamber, you will drive our membership growth through true relational sales. We have leads, efficient processes, sales tools and offer great value to our members. We need relentless, proactive salespeople who are passionate about getting us across the finish line with more new members. This is a well-compensated hunting sales position that is primarily paid on outcomes. It’s not for the faint of heart; it’s for a sales pro who needs to win.
You will be responsible for:
- Working the sales pipeline from cold and warm call all the way to close
- Building new sales opportunities
- Telling a compelling story to persuade business owners to join the chamber, because they have so much to gain
If you are charismatic, yet focused and determined, click here to apply.*
*Please note that the online application for this position requires a Culture Index survey prior to entering your resume and other information. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this process.