Work With Us
The Greater Memphis Chamber is made up of around 40 employees who have a passion for Memphis and seeing our area businesses grow. We are always looking for individuals who are innovative, strategic and have a commitment to our region. If you think you’re a great fit for our team, check out our job opportunities below.
Director of Talent Innovation
- Are you a proactive, decisive, and influential calculated risk taker?
- Are you adept at bringing together people from different groups to achieve common objectives?
- Are you restless, impatient and always in a hurry?
If so, as the Director of Talent Innovation for the Greater Memphis Chamber, you will be the point person for our region in finding innovative ways to attract, train and retain talent to meet the business needs of the Greater Memphis area. You will get to know the workforce needs of the local businesses and those we are trying to attract, evaluate and elevate existing workforce programs, and design and champion a strategic plan to improve the available talent of our region. This is a strategic position for a serious player in economic development who wants to get his/her hands dirty to make a real difference.
Specifically, you will…
- Guide workforce development efforts by working with companies, educational institutions and training partners to develop a constituency of qualified workers for local companies that strengthen our region’s economic base
- Target business sectors that contribute to overall economic development plan
- Provide workforce data, tracking and analytics to economic development pitches
- Market industry-related training programs and work with Shelby County Schools, industry trade groups, workforce agencies, and business to increase awareness of and enrollment in educational programs
- Establish and serve as administrator of industry-related “steering committees” utilizing GMC Regional Logistics and Manufacturing Council member companies as foundation for recruiting employers
This is a position for a 5+ year professional economic developer degreed in business, economics, public administration or related field with 2 years of proven project management and leadership experience. You will be hands on and will own the outcome of your efforts. In return, you will be able to drive results with a team that loves to win without being micromanaged.
If you can keep up and make a difference, click here to apply.
Market Research Coordinator
- Do you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills?
- Are you also a research-minded, analytical and thoughtful person?
- Are you driven by a need for accuracy?
- Are you an excel guru, and have experience with databases and CRMs?
If so, as a Market Research Coordinator for the Greater Memphis Chamber, you will use your analytical brain to research local companies, create reports and manage multiple databases. You will help us achieve our goals by insuring that we have a good understanding of the current trends and information related to our members, prospects and local economy.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide the business development team with various reports on Chamber members, prospects, sales activity, and sales effectiveness.
- Research and reconcile multiple databases of local industry businesses.
- Input data using the Chamber’s CRM, assist with data integrity and provide input on process improvement.
This is a hands-on role with an opportunity to interface with dozens of local companies and expand research capabilities. We are seeking a talented, focused and hard-working analyst to help us achieve our goals.
Qualified candidates will have proven experience in outbound customer service and/or data verification with experience utilizing CRM tools such as Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics and top-notch Excel skills.
Click here to see a full description for this position.
Click here to apply.
Director of Public Policy
The Greater Memphis Chamber is seeking a Director of Public Policy to develop and implement a public policy agenda that supports economic development, job creation, and growth in the community.
This position serves as an ombudsman for business in targeted sectors and at the individual company level relating to policy matters, and coordinates communication and advocacy of issues before the respective legislative bodies. The Director coordinates events such as meetings with officials, appears before legislative bodies as needed to represent the Chamber’s position on key issues, and coordinates other events such as receptions for elected and appointed officials. Additional responsibilities include:
- identifying legislative and public policy issues that impact economic development and the business environment in the area through networking and personal research.
- formulating policy positions on identified issues that represent the Chamber’s position and the interests of the area business community and presenting policy proposals to Chamber management and the Chamber Board.
- monitoring legislative activity, and strategize and advance interventions to influence legislation toward achieving a favorable outcome for Chamber constituents.
Apply Online to see a full job description and requirements. All applicants must complete the online employment application process.
Business Development Consultant
Greater Memphis Chamber Seeks Persuasive, Take-Charge Sales Pro
- Are you a proactive, take-charge, persuasive person who usually gets what you want?
- Do you love interacting with people and engaging them with great stories?
- Do you want a job where you can leverage your people skills to drive your own personal outcomes?
If so, as a Business Development Consultant at the Greater Memphis Chamber, you will drive our membership growth through true relational sales. We have leads, efficient processes, sales tools and offer great value to our members. We need relentless, proactive salespeople who are passionate about getting us across the finish line with more new members. This is a well-compensated hunting sales position that is primarily paid on outcomes. It’s not for the faint of heart; it’s for a sales pro who needs to win.
You will be responsible for:
- Working the sales pipeline from cold and warm call all the way to close
- Building new sales opportunities
- Telling a compelling story to persuade business owners to join the chamber, because they have so much to gain
If you are charismatic, yet focused and determined, click here to apply.