Work With Us
The Greater Memphis Chamber is made up of around 40 employees who have a passion for Memphis and seeing our area businesses grow. We are always looking for individuals who are innovative, strategic and have a commitment to our region. If you think you’re a great fit for our team, check out our job opportunities below.
The Research Analyst serves as a primary resource for market research and analysis within the Greater Memphis Chamber. The purpose of this position is to gather, analyze, summarize and communicate business, demographic and economic information maintained by the Business Intelligence division for economic development purposes.
- Assist with maintaining departmental data sheets for industries, economic data, demographics and other subjects.
- Maintain all departmental lists including closings & downsizings, press releases, company data, internal contact lists and any other information as needed.
- Effectively prioritize with the Project Research Manager to execute responses to economic development Requests for Information (RFI) and or Requests for Proposals (RFP) from site selection consultants, individual prospects/companies, Tennessee Economic and Community Development and Chamber staff, TVA, etc.
- Generate new content used to support targeted industry-specific business development activities. Help to create and regularly update collateral highlighting the region’s strengths in the priority business sectors/clusters.
- Communicate data through charts, graphs and trend analyses using various computer software tools.
- Provide up-to-date data for use within all Chamber publications and webpages.
- Maintain the inventory of base market research located on both the internal network and website.
- Assist the Project Research Manager in the collection of the ACCRA Cost of Living Index.
- In concert economic development team, develop expertise in showcasing the region’s competitive advantages in the key areas of workforce availability, operating costs, infrastructure and quality of place. Integrate that knowledge into the development of custom project proposals, presentations and other collateral.
- Regularly manage and input data into the Tennessee Valley Authority’s sites and real estate database.
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competencies and Special Skills or Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Analytics, or related fields with a strong interest in Marketing, Branding, and Communications.
- 0-3 year of experience and/or prior experience in a market research role.
- Strong familiarity with datasets from the United States Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bureau of Economic Analysis, and other data sources used in community and economic research.
- Demonstrable knowledge of data collection methods and techniques, as well as research project design including research methods and sources, especially for community economic- and workforce-related data
- Multi-task oriented, with the ability to prioritize a heavy workload and meet multiple deadlines.
- Outstanding analytical skills with a strong understanding of (and ability to apply) statistics.
- Speed and accuracy in making numerical determinations and in performing online research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel & PowerPoint in a Windows environment.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external stakeholders while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Work is conducted in typical indoor office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit, talk, and hear;
- Often required to walk;
- Regularly uses hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls;
- Constantly reaches with hands and arms;
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 30 pounds;
- Regularly uses close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it was not meant to be all-inclusive of the tasks that may be assigned.
Interested applicants please submit your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified and interested applicants will be required to complete a Culture Index survey, as a part of the application process.
Membership Account Executive
Greater Memphis Chamber Seeks Persuasive, Take-Charge Sales Pro
- Are you a proactive, take-charge, persuasive person who usually gets what you want?
- Are you an experienced sales pro, with the results to prove it?
- Do you love interacting with leaders and building professional relationships?
If so, as a Membership Account Executive at the Greater Memphis Chamber, you will drive our membership growth through true relational sales. We have leads, efficient processes, sales tools and offer great value to our members. We need relentless, proactive salespeople who are passionate about getting us across the finish line with more new members. This is a well-compensated hunting sales position that is primarily paid on outcomes. It’s not for the faint of heart; it’s for a sales pro who needs to win.
You will be responsible for:
- Working the sales pipeline, from cold and warm calls all the way to close
- Building new sales opportunities
- Telling the compelling story of the Memphis Chamber in the business community, and presenting membership plans custom-designed to meet the needs of business owners and deliver real results
If you are charismatic, focused and determined, click here to apply today.
Manager of Special Events and Councils
Do you enjoy and have experience with the planning, administration, scheduling, marketing, and promotion of corporate events? Can you oversee staffing and general management of onsite activities? Are you willing to serve as a liaison between the Greater Memphis Chamber and major sponsors/donors of Chamber programs. If so, you are encouraged to apply for The Manager of Special Events & Councils. Please complete the survey below as part of the application process.
If you are charismatic, focused and determined, click here to apply today