Work With Us
The Greater Memphis Chamber is made up of around 40 employees who have a passion for Memphis and seeing our area businesses grow. We are always looking for individuals who are innovative, strategic and have a commitment to our region. If you think you’re a great fit for our team, check out our job opportunities below.
Senior Vice President, Economic Development
The overall purpose of this job is to oversee the day-to-day functions of the economic development department for the Greater Memphis Chamber. This includes responsibility over all job retention and recruitment activities, project pipeline management, coordination of the community’s One-Stop-Shop team, data and research collection and dissemination, RFI fulfillment, International Business Development, and MWBE Business Development. This position serves as the primary contact with all federal, state and local economic development officials.
- Serve as the primary function to attract new businesses to Memphis and leads the efforts to identify and help drive expansion efforts for existing businesses.
- Manage the project flow and activities of the communities One-Stop-Shop team that includes the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development, Economic Development Growth Engine, the Tennessee Valley Authority, Memphis Light, Gas & Water, and the Workforce Investment Network.
- Develop strategic planning, budgeting, and execution of the economic development, annual planning marketing and recruitment programs for the Chamber.
- Manage staffing, strategic planning, budgeting, and program execution for the all Economic Development programs including foreign direct investment and export education promotion for the community. Chamber.
- Manage the fulfillment of and maintain confidentiality for all request for proposals and request for information from site consultants, corporations and partner economic development agencies.
- Conduct strategic planning as needed for various programs within the department including retention, recruitment, economic development service fulfillment, international development, etc.
- Interface with public and private sector investors and elected officials on various issues affecting economic development in the region and provide periodic updates to these groups as requested.
- Lead all larger, high visibility corporate expansions and relocation projects and coordinate the various partner economic development agencies as necessary.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of corporate and consultant contact lists for use in retention, recruitment and international development initiatives.
- Oversee the production and maintenance of statistical information and related collateral materials used in the overall marketing and recruitment activities for the community.
- Interface with various local and national media organizations in the promotion of Memphis as a viable business destination.
- Conduct fundraising activities for both the Chamber and its associated economic development programs.
- Serve on various statewide economic development boards and commissions.
- Work with other Chamber affiliated councils on issues affecting economic development.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related area.
- Certificate from Economic Development Institute.
- Seven years experience managing a major economic development organization.
Knowledge, Skillls & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills; ability to interact effectively with external contacts such as political and corporate leaders.
- Solid annual planning skills.
- Computer literate, high level of accuracy, detail oriented.
- Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of budgeting process.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem-solving skills at both a strategic and functional level.
- Technical skills in strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning, and promotions/advertising.
- Work is conducted in typical indoor office environment.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it was not meant to be all-inclusive of the tasks that may be assigned.
Interested applicants please submit your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified and interested applicants will be required to complete a Culture Index survey, as a part of the application process.
Membership Account Executive
Greater Memphis Chamber Seeks Persuasive, Take-Charge Sales Pro
- Are you a proactive, take-charge, persuasive person who usually gets what you want?
- Are you an experienced sales pro, with the results to prove it?
- Do you love interacting with leaders and building professional relationships?
If so, as a Membership Account Executive at the Greater Memphis Chamber, you will drive our membership growth through true relational sales. We have leads, efficient processes, sales tools and offer great value to our members. We need relentless, proactive salespeople who are passionate about getting us across the finish line with more new members. This is a well-compensated hunting sales position that is primarily paid on outcomes. It’s not for the faint of heart; it’s for a sales pro who needs to win.
You will be responsible for:
- Working the sales pipeline, from cold and warm calls all the way to close
- Building new sales opportunities
- Telling the compelling story of the Memphis Chamber in the business community, and presenting membership plans custom-designed to meet the needs of business owners and deliver real results
If you are charismatic, focused and determined, click here to apply today.